THRIVE WITH INTENSITY
a Year-Long Experiential Group Program to help you use your intensities as the foundation of an exquisite life
Register now at 2018 prices.
Price for the 2019 program will increase by $500 on October 1.
Are you struggling to balance too many interests?
Do you feel like you are too much for most people?
Do you always feel like there is more you could be (or should be) doing?
Do you think of yourself as passionate?
Would you call yourself empathic, highly sensitive, over-excitable, or spirited?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, you are Living With Intensity.
But are you THRIVING?
Do you want to celebrate your energy and excitement without being derailed or overwhelmed? Do you want to break cycles of melancholy, anxiety, or guilt and start having the powerful impact in the world you crave?
Is it time to stop being controlled by your powerful reactions to the world and start using your sensitivity as the foundation of a life that satisfies you profoundly?
Whether your struggles are in your personal or professional life, you will find solutions and companions in the Thrive With Intensity program. You will define what thriving means to you, learn tools to start building it, and be supported by a community of other intense people.
Thriving starts by giving yourself permission and deciding to do things differently!
This is for you if…
- You are tired of feeling out of control.
- You are ready to stop hiding parts of yourself to fit in.
- You want to feel truly alive again.
- You want to give up any shame around not fulfilling your potential and start getting things done.
- You want more ease and less drama in your day.
- You are tired of cycling between taking on too much and crashing and burning out.
- You are committed to engaging with what is real.
- You are ready to take responsibility for your life.
This is even for you if you have struggled with mild to moderate anxiety or depression, and it’s under control but therapy and/or medication haven’t helped as much as you hoped.
But most of all, this is for you if you know that if you want things to change, you have to do something different.
After the Thrive with Intensity program you will…
- Understand the gifts in your intensity.
- Know what is required for YOU to thrive and stop trying to fit into other people’s ideas of what they think you need.
- Have new skills that you have practiced and made your own. You will not just understand them; you will be able to live using them.
- Know how what you think, what you do, and how you talk to yourself impact your satisfaction with your life.
- Understand why embracing your intensity is required for you to experience your life with more freedom, ease, and joy.
- Have a plan for recovering back to how you want to be if you get overwhelmed.
- Be able to manage relationships with people who find your intensity intimidating without losing yourself.
Learning to Thrive with Intensity is a journey.
You are intense. And that is perfect.
You do not need to change who you are. Not one bit.
What you need are some new skills.
Intensity is like the energy of a wild horse. With the right approach, all that energy can be harnessed and used to create the ride of a lifetime.
This program will give you the reins and teach you how to use them.
Are you ready?
If you’re not sure, let me ask you this:
What will it take for you to be ready to thrive?
How bad do things need to get before you change things up?
What if things never change?
Do you doubt that you can change?
I get it.
I used to think I was doomed to just getting by, never really having the close friends or engaging social life I craved, or work I wanted to go to.
For years, I wandered through my life toning myself down and tuning out, hovering on the edge of depression, while the rest of the world thought I had a great life. Great bursts of creativity would energize me for short periods of time, but nothing I did satisfied me for long. And then, I found the tools that are the foundation of Thrive With Intensity.
When I brought these tools to my coaching clients, I was amazed. It didn’t matter who I shared them with, these tools helped everybody I introduced them to.
Even if you can’t see your way from where you are to where you want to be, I can help. I can shine light on the path so you can see the next few steps you need to take. And I can help you rekindle your own inner light so you can start illuminating your own path.
Thrive with Intensity gives you research-informed understanding, experientially-tested tools, and world-class coaching.
As you work through this program, you will develop powerful new skills.
It is not possible to participate in this program and do this work without increasing your sense of well-being and improving the quality of the rest of your life.
It’s amazing how different I feel about myself.
L. Butcher, Writer
What is in the Thrive with Intensity Program?
The Thrive With Intensity Program consists of 9 training modules that you can work through at your own pace, personalized coaching to help you apply your learning to your life and all its quirks, and 12 monthly workshops where Kate Arms will lead you through activities to help you transfer your learning from your head to your habits.
Module 1 : Introduction to Intensities
- Explore the theoretical understandings of intensity that will be foundational for the rest of the program.
- Identify the gifts in super sensitivity and intense emotions.
- Start to cultivate the mindset that will transform your experience of intensity from pressure to power.
Module 2: Claiming Your Intensity
- Identify your particular super sensitivities and the super powers that are fuelled by those sensitivities.
- Learn practices for identifying and claiming the gifts in your passions, sensitivities, and intensities.
- Get tools to counter negative feedback from others.
Module 3: Reduce Your Reactivity
- The challenges of intensity are worst when we react compulsively to events and people. Learn tools to shift from reacting immediately to choosing how you want to respond despite powerful reactions to situations.
Module 4: Find Your Compelling Gifts
- Refine your understanding of the gifts in your particular intensities.
- Understand how to use your gifts to be your most compelling self as others see you.
Module 5: Get Into Action
- It’s one thing to understand how you want to be in the world. Actually starting to change how you are in the world is something else entirely. In this module, you will identify concrete actions you can take to live with full permission to be intense and put them into action.
- This is where the support of the group is going to be transformative. We are going to be with you every step of the way as the most brilliant version of you emerges.
Module 6: Countering Self-Sabotage
- If you have a tendency to get in your own way, this is the module that will change everything.
- Learn the tools top coaches use to help their clients deal with all the voices that say “you can’t”, “you shouldn’t”, “what will people think?”, and “who are you to do that?”
Module 7: Self-Coaching
- How do you take the learning from a temporary group program and use it for the rest of your life? Learn tools to regroup, recover, deal with set-backs, and thrive in the face of future challenges.
- Change the way you talk to yourself.
- Learn the basics of coaching so you always have a coach (YOU) in your corner.
Module 8 : Practice and Integration
- Structured support as you keep applying what you have learned in the program to your life. Changing your life takes time and practice. And it takes time to adjust to the new you. This module will give you support as you find a new way to thrive.
Module 9 : Celebration and Launch
- Create structures and support for keeping up the momentum.
Each module will include:
- Video teachings and/or readings
- Worksheets and exercises
In addition, the program includes:
- 12 60-minute online master classes
- 12 individual laser coaching sessions in group coaching calls
- A closed Facebook group for ongoing contact and additional learning and support
As a participant in Thrive With Intensity, you will also receive access to discounted one-on-one coaching with Kate.
It’s a great package, and I bet you are asking:
WHAT’S IT GOING TO COST?
It’s going to take a willingness to stretch out of your comfort zones, give up self-doubt, and explore new possibilities.
And it’s going to take an investment of some time and money in YOU.
How much money?
Less than you think.
This powerful investment in a better rest of your life is only
Register before October 1 at 2018 Prices:
$147(USD) per month for 9 payments
$997(USD) paid in full (25% discount)
I feel inspired. I feel able. I feel there isn’t anything out of my reach. And before I was very hesitant to get my ideas going. HUGE! Thank you!
Tracee Vetting Wolf, Designer/Artist
Who am I and Why Should You Trust Me?
My name is Kate Arms. I am a leadership development and personal coach, theatre artist and writer, recovering serious person, parent, activist, and wildly intense human being. I spent decades believing I was too much, too emotional, too sensitive, too opinionated, and too curious. I intimidated people because I accomplished too much, and I hid the fact that I went through cycles of burnout from them.
I have been studying what helps intense people thrive for over 30 years. As a result of difficulties in my life, I went on a major self-development journey and used many of the tools and techniques I now teach to stop judging myself and started creating a life that celebrated me in all my glory. I moderated my adrenaline addiction and cut the burnout cycle down dramatically, learned how to use my intensity to serve me, and found healthy ways to work with other people’s responses to me.
For the past 5 years, I have been explicitly teaching this material to my individual clients and my intense kids and developing this group program.
I wish I had been able to take this program years ago. It would have saved me so much heartache along the way. I came by this learning over time and through expensive programs (3 years and $45,000 worth of training and programs plus a lifetime of reading and studying as preparation.) It should not be so hard or expensive to thrive.
And that is where this program comes in.
I have distilled all the learning to the core elements and am committed to providing the support you need to put them into action. The ideas aren’t hard, but the practice takes getting used to. I needed someone in my corner and now I want to be that for you.
I have a studied anthropology, psychology, biology, law, neuroscience, religious studies, mindfulness practices, embodied cognition, and philosophy and borrowed things from everywhere in what I teach. I believe wisdom isn’t confined to one discipline.
I am toxically allergic to gurus and have always believed I need to take what works and throw away the rest. I wouldn’t teach my students anything else. If you leave this program needing me to support you further, I will have failed. My goal is to make sure my clients stop thinking they need me as fast as possible. Which isn’t to say I wouldn’t stick around if you want me to. But there’s a huge difference between need and want.
People tell me I bring a unique combination of loving-kindness and truth-telling to everything I do. I will meet you where you are. Whether you need a safe way to explore tender feelings, a courageous community to support new growth, or a kick in the ass to prod you into action, I will be there.
One of my superpowers is hosting conversations on controversial topics where people hear each other and are able to change their minds based on new information, even on Facebook. Creating communities that grow people is my passion.
And this community is for you.
Intense people are my passion. We suffer so much when we aren’t thriving. And we light up the world for ourselves and those around us when we are.
I feel alive when the people around me feel alive. I have spent the last 30 years learning how to help myself and others be the fullness of who they are in life-affirming ways. I want nothing more than to see you bloom.
Kate’s coaching moved me back into my own groove.
Stan Stewart, Musician, Muz4Now.com
Is this your time to shine?
If NOW is not the time, when will be? How will you know when the time is right?If you think this would be great, but… ask yourself what you have to lose by waiting.
What will be different a year from now if you don’t do this?
If you have a workable plan to embrace your intensity and learn to thrive, a support network to keep you on track and moving forward, and the commitment to keep going if it feels tough, you don’t need this program.
BUT, if you aren’t sure you can do it by yourself, you owe it to yourself to get the support you need.
Self-care is not for other people.
And for intense people, learning how to thrive with intensity rather than despite intensity is one of the most fundamental forms of self-care.
You deserve this!
I’m 100% in your corner.
Let’s Do It Together.
It’s time to decide.
Are you ready to thrive with your intensity?
Kate Arms is a life coach. And ye gods she’s good at it. She’s helped me to clarify my thoughts, my feelings, my goals, and the path I want to take to get to them (and how to not lose my mind doing it all). If you’re trying to do the work of making your life into the life you want it to be, and you are looking for a guide along the path, she’s an excellent person to help you find your way!
Kelly Preeper, Pâtissière, Petite Poule Rouge Bakes & Cakes
Kate is a phenomenal coach who intuitively recognized what I needed to get out of my shell and into my full, authentic expression. Experiencing Kate’s fun, unique exercises were like unwrapping Christmas presents every week! Her coaching guided me to a remarkable transformation from timid and fearful to the bold, brave, “real” me who shows up and plays the game. I now have the courage and confidence to speak and present myself in ways I only dreamed of. I recommend Kate’s program if you want to be the star of your own show.
Toni Cay Snyder, Coach, tonicay.com
Q: What is the schedule of program events?
- November 4, 2019 12pm-1pm ET
- December 3, 2019 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
- January 13, 2020 12pm-1pm ET
- February 11, 2020 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
- March 2, 2020 12pm-1pm ET
- April 7, 2020 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
- May 4, 2020 12pm-1pm ET
- June 2, 2020 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
- July 13, 2020 12pm-1pm ET
- August 25, 2020 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
- September 21, 2020 12pm-1pm ET
- October 20, 2020 8:00pm – 9:00pm ET
All master classes will be recorded and the recordings will be made available within a day or two of the sessions. However, these master classes will consist of experiential learning, so missing them will substantially decrease the depth of your learning.
The laser coaching session dates and times will be set based on the schedules of participants registered before October 31st. I will circulate a survey and will set dates and times that allow maximum participation.
Q: What equipment will I need?
We will be meeting using Zoom, online meeting software. You will need to set up Zoom on your smartphone, tablet, or computer or dial in to the call using your telephone. Details will be set after registration.
Coaching sessions will be done on Zoom or over the phone at your convenience.
Q: What if I can’t make sessions live?
All the sessions are recorded, so you can watch or listen to them whenever is convenient to you. Stay connected and engaged by doing the exercises and discussing them in the Facebook group and coaching sessions.
Q: Do you have a payment plan?
You can choose to pay in full or split the payment into monthly installments.
Q: What if I have anxiety or depression?
If you have a diagnosis of anxiety or depression, please contact me before registering to confirm that this will work with your treatment plan. In my experience, this material works very well in combination with treatment, but is not a substitute for therapy and/or medication.
If you have any other questions, ask me. Send me an email.
I promise I don’t bite. I want to make sure this program is a good fit for you as much as you do.